Sequencing guitar solos and lead guitars
Previously, we took a look at sounds on “Electri6ity.”
We will now take a look at how to sequence guitar solos, over the course of 2 articles.
Electri6ity Video access
- 1Trigger keys & power chords
- 2Sound and strum sequencing
- 3Sequencing a guitar solo 〜part 1〜 ＊Current article
- 4Sequencing a guitar solo 〜part 2〜
About Fretboard | Position
Click on the “Settings” tab and change from “Strings” → “Fretboard.”
“Fretboard | Position” refers to what area of the fretboard the guitar play.
For most background/rhythm guitar parts, “Auto” will work just fine.
For a guitar solo, its best to move it to somewhere around “Position 9〜15.”
(In our video we set it to “Position 12”)
About the playing modes
Electri6ity is largely split into 3 different playing modes.
- POLY「Key switch : F#」→ For playing harmonies (more than 1 note at a time)
- SOLO「Key switch : G#」→ For playing single notes
- LEGATO「Key switch : A#」→ For playing smooth/connected single notes
LEGATO mode caution
When using the playing mode “LEGATO,”
if the key switch “A#”s velocity is set “under 90,”
it will play in “LEGATO Mute” so be sure to double check when sequencing.
- 「A#」velocity「over 91」→ LEGATO
- 「A#」velocity「under 90」→ LEGATO Mute
We will continue in our part 2 article.