Freely manipulate strings from phrasing to articulation
“Session Strings Pro” utilizes automated playing, can switch playing styles,
and allows you to sequence strings to your liking.
The sound has been tried and tested,
with great sounds not only for each instrument, but with retro strings as well.
In this article we will look at the basics of “Session Strings Pro.”
Session Strings – Tutorial video
Sound position and location
Open up the plugin and select “Section.”
- 「Section 1/2」: Close mic’ed with equal distancing for instruments
- 「Section 3/4」: Mic’ed a little further, with orchestral mic placement
Next we will take a look at the tones available.
- 「Contemporary」: A modern sound that works great with most genres
- 「MTown」: A retro throw-back sound
After selecting instruments, you will be opted with further options;
- 「Animator」: Uses automated playing to apply simple phrases
- 「Perfomance」: Uses velocity/pedal to switch playing styles, allowing for real time performance
- 「Production」: Uses key switches to change playing styles, best for DAW use
- 1 : Create a balance sound with both
- 2 : Adjust the sound of the bow playing the strings
- 3 : Adjust the left/right spread