Premium horn section sounds
Native Instruments Session Horns is included with Komplete11.
- Trombone, Tenor sax, 2 Trumpets to create a horn section sound!
- Auto-split harmonies to separate instruments with “Smart Voice Split”
- Over 170 ready to use phrases
For the first article in this series, we’ll take a look at the basics.
Session Horns – Tutorial video
- 1Basics and sound design ＊Current article
- 2Sequencing techniques
- 3Session Horns Pro – Additional features and what it’s about
- 4Session Horns Pro 2 sequencing
Performance & Single Articulation
- “Performance” – You can change the performance styles with velocity and pitch bend wheel.
- “Single Articulation” – Because only one style of articulation will be playable, it helps secure the playing style.
Change the organization of instruments via “Section Setup.”
In “Full Section,” you can use all 4 instruments, but can also remove instruments of your choice.
Session Horns can change to a different style of articulation with Velocity.
- 「Rip」Glissando to the note
- 「Grace Note」Adds a grace note
- 「Shake」The note plays out with vibrato
- 「FoPiCre」Forte-Piano-Crescendo strong→weak→gradually stronger
- 「FoPiCre Time」Plays Forte-Piano-Crescendo according to DAW tempo
- 「Staccatissimo」Plays staccato note that abruptly stops
- 「Marcato」Plays each note clearly
Doits & Falls
By moving the pitch bend wheel on your MIDI keyboard up/down,
you can utilize “Doits”/”Falls.”
You can also select “Doits/Falls on release” from the “Control” tab,
which applies the effect when the keys are released.
When “Polyphonic” is selected, because the number is instruments x harmonies,
When using harmonies, we recommend using the “Smart Voice Split” function.
When playing 4 notes using “Smart Voice Split,” starting from the bottom the sounds are automatically split into trombone, tenor sax, trumpet 2, and trumpet 1.
By using the Octave function, you can easily create open voicings.
In general, Drop 2 Voicings have the second highest note dropped an octave, but Sessions Horns Drop function work a little differently.
When “Section Setup” is selected from “Full Section,”
- 「Drop 1st」Trombone is dropped 1 octave
- 「Drop 2nd」Tenor sax is dropped 1 octave
- 「Drop 3rd」Trumpet 2 is dropped 1 octave
- 「Drop 1st+2nd」Trombone and tenor sax are dropped 1 octave
Please try out these useful functions in 様々な機能が備わっているSession Horns!