Using Session Horns for your songs
Previously, we focused on the basics of Session Horns and how to make sounds.
This time, we will take a look at some real world applications, and go over some sequencing techniques.
Review the 1st video to further deepen your understanding.
Session Horns – Tutorial video
- 1Basics and sound design
- 2Sequencing techniques ＊Current article
- 3Session Horns Pro – Additional features and what it’s about
- 4Session Horns Pro 2 sequencing
Staccato with Velocity Switch
You can open multiple instances of Session Horns, and utilize different “Single Articulation” settings to use different articulations, however;
By inputting short notes, and using “Velocity Switch”s “FoPiCre,” you can create staccato sounds as well.
Using Expression CC♯11, to create dynamics
From the “Control,” select 【DYNAMIC CONTROL】→【Expression CC♯11】.
For “Cubase,” select 【Controller lane】→【CC 11 （Expression）】.
- Velocity Switch – Use to switch playing style
- Expression CC♯11 – Use to control the dynamics
To use Doits/Falls, select
【controller lane】→【pitch bend】.
For Falls, there are 2 types of speed.
- Slow Falls – Pitch bend slightly
- Fast Falls – Pitch bend all the way down
※ Doits have only 1 speed setting, and doesn’t have the above functions.
Please try out these Session Horns tips in your next production!